Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Making Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Well, we'll call this "Making Chocolate Zucchini Cake."

I decided to try to adopt my favorite chocolate cake recipe .. Chocolate Zucchini Cake but omitting the chocolate.

Here's what I think I did.

2 c. sugar
1/2 c. canola oil
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. wheat flour
1 1/2 c. white flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp honey
1 c. plain yogurt
3 c. shredded summer squash (squeeze out excess liquid)

I think that's it. Anyway .. I think it's turned out ok.  It's a bit darker than I would expect it to be .. we cooked it about 45 minutes .. and it's quite brown .. was hoping for more yellow.  However, I think if I decreased the liquid or increased the flour, perhaps it wouldn't be such a loose batter and bake slightly quicker?  What do you think?

I took the first piece .. and it tastes fine :)  Perhaps I could make other flavors .. ?

Chocolate is still my favorite though!

No comments: