Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Forest Beach Migratory Preserve

This morning I went to the Forest Beach Migratory Preserve between Belgium & Port Washington, WI.  It's located just south of Harrington State Park.

The reason I went there is because there have been sightings of a large Crossbill flock.  I haven't seen a crossbill in person before, so I thought it would be a good chance to add that to my list.

However, I didn't see any.

I did see a Purple Martin .. several, in fact.

There was a pond - and several ducks.  I didn't identify them, ... but here are some pictures.



On the way walking back to the van, I was able to get a couple of photos of the Martins in trees and on a line.  I'm pretty sure they are Martins .. immature Males.


The following are a few Martins that were in a Pine right next to the Parking Lot.


I was disappointed that I didn't see any Crossbills, but atleast I saw the Martins.

No comments: