Monday, February 11, 2013

Potting Up

Today I did my first "potting up" of my tomato seedlings. This is when you take the multiple seedlings that came up in the smaller containers, separate them, and put them each in a bigger cell of a larger container.

The "Delicious" variety of tomato was ready to pot up .. so I was able to get 13 different tomato plants from my 3-cell planting of seeds. Not bad eh?

I also had "large red cherry" tomatoes .. but they weren't ready to pot up ..there's 3 of those seedlings at the moment, and 2 of the "beefsteak" variety.

None of my green pepper seeds have come up yet, so I planted 3 cells of "Big Dipper" green pepper today as well.  Green Peppers don't seem to seed as easily as tomatoes for some reason.

I may try to start some marigolds or something a bit later today, or later this week.

We'll just have to see I guess.

Happy Gardening.

No comments: