Sunday, May 15, 2016

The garden / yard today

So I haven't been able to do much in the garden because I hurt my back, but it's feeling a bit better and I was able to do a little in the yard this morning.  I thought I'd share the status of what's there right now.

First thing I did this morning was check the pots at the front of the house .. nothing has grown inthere except a dandelion .. that was promptly pulled, and then I added more kabocha squash and jarrahdale pumpkin in their respective pots.  I also added more seeds that I recently purchased.


I also added more seed in the pot by the birdfeeders in the back yard.


Nothing had grown there either.  It may be just too cool as yet, so I'll be patient a bit more before adding any purchased plants to these pots.  It may be that they'll have to be used for tomatoes, as I have a lot of plants downstairs, but I don't have a photo of those right now, so I'll save that for another post.

I went out in the garden, and I wanted to get some onion bulbs in which I had purchased. They are red onions as we favor those.  Here is the garden as it is right now.

This is the bed that the top half of the picture is beans planted a couple of weeks ago.  I put onions in the bottom half of the bed.  there is a 6-10 inch space in the middle that isn't planted, so I may put something there or I may not, we'll see how it goes.  beans have not sprouted yet.

Here is the garden overall .. you can see some things have started to grow.  . . .

Here's a close up of the peas, radish, parsnips, and carrots.  The carrots have started to come up, but they are tiny yet.

So there you have it.  The slow start to the garden.

No comments: