Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sewing: Old and New


The past few days I've been working on a few things...

First of all, I've been working on finishng up one of my grandma's ufo's. She left me some brown log cabin strips and one block she had made using foundation piecing. To the right is a picture of what I inherited. The logs were cut with a ruler, marker and scissors, so they are not perfectly straight like we can now get with the rotary cutter, but they were straight enough that I went ahead and made some smaller log cabin blocks to go around her larger block.

This worked pretty well, and you can see the resultant quilt top here.


Of course, I still have logs leftover, so I will be making a bag or something out of what's left. Any ideas?



I've also been working with something "new". I saw this website and the cute little card holder. I loved it, so using her directions as a jumping off spot, I made my own. I had some 10" squares from a swap and taking two of them, I stitched them face together, turned them right side out, stitched around the edges to secure and started folding. Added a button and elastic loop, and wah-lawh! :) It's kind of cute!

No comments: