Monday, October 3, 2011

Crochet Hats & Peaches

Okay, so I'm trying to catch up, and you get 3 new posts in one day! :) lol.

Here are a couple of hats I knit with this pattern and some small balls of yarn that I got from freecycle.


Have you ever seen Peaches in a Box? :)
 I also found this really neat crochet stitch called the Crocodile Stitch in one of the emails I get every day.  It's really neat.  Ravelry has several patterns for using this stitch, both free and for purchase.  I started with this hat pattern and using more of the yarn I got from freecycle.  It's Red Heart yarn this time.  I used up almost 100 grams of the tan,and then I used some turquise that was in the bag.  Still looks like a strawberry or pineapple! :) 
Neither Seth nor Joel would try any of these hats on.  Rob was a good sport and tried them on, but I didn't get a picture of him wearing them.  I do like the style of the top two hats for Rob.  It fits him much better than the standard style.  The extra bit at the sides and back will cover his ears and neck nicely without falling over his eyes. The pink one will probably be mine for shoveling snow, and the blue one for Rob. The crocodile stitch hat may be given to charity or sold.  If you'd like it, make me an offer! :)

Do you see Peaches in the background ? :)

No comments: