Thursday, December 15, 2011

Special Olympic Scarf Update

Hello! :)

We had a meeting of our knit and crochet group yesterday .. and lots going on!  Several members finished scarves and so we've increased our total! :)

3rd Scarf by FH

1st Scarf by FH's sister, EH

1st Scarf by NH

1st Scarf by ET
Aren't they great?  That brings our total up to ....

*drum roll please*

25 Scarves for Wisconsin Special Olympics!

Wow ..
Our number will get a little bit bigger, ET gave me a couple of skeins that she didn't think she'd be able to use and I'll probably get atleast 2 scarves out of that.  Also, NH is about 1/2 way through with another scarf - a really neat design by the way.  Can't wait to show you the finished product.. She's doing a great job on it.

I'll be mailing this box the first week of January.  Just wish I could see all the olympians faces when they get the scarves.  I'm sure they'll really enjoy them.

Another big happening, is that the local paper, the Ozaukee Press, came a took a photograph of our group with the scarves and did an article about us! Not sure if it is in this week's or next weeks paper, but I'm going to get a paper today to find out.  I'll let you know when I know!

No comments: