Sunday, September 30, 2012

1st visit to Kettle Moraine State Forest

Today Rob & I drove to the Kettle Moraine State Forest (Northern Part).  It was a nice drive, and the fall colors were at their peak!  It was stunning, but instead of me telling you about it, I think I'll just show you the pictures.  This is image heavy, so give it time to load!  If you click on the pictures, you can see them a bit bigger on the screen.








 The following couple of photos were while we were walking the easy trail from the Ice Age Center.




The road driving through the state forest is very scenic.  My dad would love it I think!  Lots of winding roads, and the trees all showing the best color.



About this time in the sequence we were at the Parnell Tower. It's quite the climb.  I can walk over a mile with not much problems, but these are stairs and they are HARD!  I made it to the top though!
Lots of people were at Parnell Tower, we were very lucky to get a parking spot in the lot!




The view from the top of the Parnell Tower was magnificent!



This was the sunset we were treated to as we neared home.
Beautiful!

No comments: