Saturday, December 4, 2021

Charlotte's Universe Progress - Part 6 finished.

 

I've made a bit of progress on my Charlotte's Universe CAL.  Last time I posted, I had finished through Row 42, which was the end of Part 4 of the CAL.  I have just completed part 6 last night.

I used the Medium "Leaf" Green on Rows 43-46, which was only short rows, as they form the base of the triangle for each side, and used 71g of yarn for those rows. 

I then did 2 rows white, 2 rows light green (nearly using that up! - I used 28g and only have a few grams of light green left now)... then another row of Leaf green before finishing the triangles with white.  I am hoping that the white isn't too stark a contrast once this is finished, but it may be a good accent point too. Only time will tell.  

As each round gets larger it will use more yarn, so I have to be careful on color selection so that I have enough to finish each round before running out of that color of yarn.





I framed these triangles in white - using up a couple of white partial skeins on these triangles and the framing. This will firm up the edges nicely before continuing on. . .





So that is Part 6 completed.  

I did start Part 7 last night as well. The first row is the dark purple - and that one round, Round 68, used up 48grams.  Hoping it will last for 2 more rounds before going to the next color, which will be Leaf Green, and then a Medium purple for a row of flowers.  I should be interesting!


No comments: