Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Special Olympic Scarf - #11, 12, & 13 !

Hello!

I've finally finished that Special Olympic Scarf with the cable running up the middle.  This is number 11 for me! :)

 It's pretty neat, but was very slow! I finished it a couple of days ago ...
I immediately started on the next one, which is a pretty simple knit pattern.
CO 19 (probably should have done just a couple of more, it's a bit narrow than it should be.)
Knit 5 rows
Purl 1 row (or knit left to right - backwards).
I added blue in the middle for a small section.

Here is the result .. took me about 3 days and is number 12 !  Finished it yesterday.

 Then of course I had to start another, because I'm still not out of yarn, and so I decided to do a Crochet Lemonade Stitch and alternate blue and red .. and it ended up a bit narrow so I added a simple chain border all the way around.....

Here is Scarf Number 13 ! .. a Baker's Dozen! :) It was made between 3 and 10 pm last night.
 I have started #14 as well.  It's crochet as well, and is chains held together by sc every 4th stitch.  I didn't get a picture of it yet, but it's about 1/3 of the way done .. worked on it a bit last night.  It won't be as heavy as the others, but I think it will be a neat effect.

We had the Knit & Crochet group meeting yesterday afternoon, and FH presented this scarf.  It's the second she's made.  She's doing a great job! :)

I've started bagging the scarves that I've made and collected, and we are filling a box! :)  I'm starting to wonder how much it's going to cost to mail!  I'll have to weigh and measure it soon so that I can suggest to the group the possibility of them helping to pay for postage.  I don't mind paying myself, but since it is a group project, then perhaps they would like to contribute a dollar or two towards postage.

Any thoughts?

No comments: