Monday, October 1, 2012

Bible Study

I've convinced myself, finally accepted, realized that I need to read more of His Word.  I know, we all could read more, no matter how much we read right now, we could still read more.

I'm going to let you ' all know about what I'm reading each day.  Hope you enjoy.  Feel free to comment at any time.  It's always good to discuss His Word.

My intention was to start with Acts 1:1 .. however, I scrolled back a few verses, and this struck me. 

John 21:25  ".. there are also many other things that Jesus did, which, if they were written one by one, I suppose not even the world itself could contain the books that would be written."

It really made me stop and think for a moment.  How many books are in your home library?  Ok.  How many books in your public library?  Imagine if all of those books contained stories about one man, Jesus?  That is mind boggling in itself.  But the verse says "not even the world itself could contain" .. which means even if the earth were covered in books written about Jesus it still would not contain everything which Jesus did while on earth.  I thought he did a lot before I read that verse, but this tells me that not even my imagination can come up with everything he was capable of doing, or of what he actually did do.

mmmm .. continuing on ....

Bible Reading: Acts 1

As I read Acts 1, it's mroe of a telling of a few things that happened.  Jesus appearing with the apostles, and then being raised up to heaven while is disciples watched.  The two angels appearing and telling the disciples that Jesus would return again in the same manner as he had just left.

Then of course the disciples, et al, traveled back to Jerusalem and there selected a replacement among the 12 for Judas. (They chose Matthias.)

What strikes me is this verse ....

Acts 1:14a  "All these were continually united in prayer, ...."

What does it mean to be united in prayer?  What about the continually?  This is speaking about while they were traveling and after they arrived and were in the process of selecting a replacement. 

Not sure I could put into words what it means.  Just something to think about.

Acts 1:14a "All these were continually united in prayer, ...."

No comments: