Thursday, December 13, 2012

November Happenings

November had several events in it. Not to mention Thanskgiving! 

First of all, we went on a geocaching walk with some friends.


Seth had fun finding the caches.


Joel really enjoyed walking our friends' dog, Cinnamon.


I think even Rob enjoyed it.  Although he got cold.


I know I enjoy geocaching.  If you are ever interested in learning more .. there is a great website here.  I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can find more caches :)

I made this frame.  I'm not overly thrilled with it, but it's the first time I've done decoupage or painting in a very long time.  So, overall, not a terrible effort.  I need to get a 4x6 print of the boys made so that I can put it in this frame.


Since I had paints out, and had purchased some canvases as well, Joel wanted to make a couple paintings himself.  He gave this one to Gma Stohr.


I finished knitting two pairs of fingerless mitts.  I was going to make just one pair for myself, but the k2tog going in two opposite directions looked .. well, not matching, so I made the exact same pattern twice so that I could have pairs of matching mitts.  I gave one pair away in a gift exchange we did at church.  I can tell you a bit more about that in a later post.


Then of course we come to Thanksgiving.  I'll post just a couple of my favorite pics. 





I think this is a really good one of my sister :)



I love the look of surprise on mom's face. :)

After spending Thanksgiving at my sister's, we drove to Altoona and met up with a good friend.  I finished these two items to give toher as a pre-Christmas gift.

We drove on home after meeting for lunch with Mich. :) 

Right after this, that Sunday, I walked in a Christmas Parade for our church.  Well, that must have been what a virus was waiting for, because I got a really bad bad cold that night and through the next week.  DH was so nice to me, after he realized I was indeed feeling miserable, he brought me a dozen roses :)  They were very pretty.  Just wish they would have lasted longer!

One of the buds had fallen off when I opened the cellaphane, so there were 11 in the vase, and I put the one in the bottom of a water bottle.  It latest longer then the bouquet!

That's the end of November.  Look at me.  Almost caught up!

No comments: