Friday, December 21, 2012

Snowy Owl in Sheboygan

So, a few weeks back, at the beginning of the month .. December 2nd to be precise... the family drove up to Sheboygan.  I had been hearing on the web that there was a Snowy Owl frequenting the Marina there, and I have never seen a snowy owl in person before (in the wild, I may have seen one at the zoo) .. Anyway .. I didn't hold much hope, because I don't seem to have much luck seeing these birds that others say are "right there".  I love watching birds, and I would love to be able to see and identify many more, but the timing just isn't right most of the time.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I saw it! :)

DH was kind enough to stop the van and we saw this Snowy Owl just north of the marina on some rocks.  The lake was very low from what I've seen before ...  There were also Mallards just south of this, but I didn't get pictures of them.




Sorry for the not so good quality.  It was getting dark and my little "coolpix" camera doesn't do well in low light.

No comments: