Friday, November 19, 2021

Charlotte's Universe CAL Project

 So I have decided to start the Charlotte's Universe CAL.  You can view the pattern here.


I have started this because my mom, who was named Charlotte, passed away this May and this CAL has her name (no affiliation, just a coincidence).  The other reason is that I inherited her yarn stash, and there are tubs of Worsted Acrylic yarn.  This will be a good way to use up her stash, in a blanket that has her name.  I figured it would be a good way for me to remember her as we head into the Holiday season.  The first holiday without her.


My main colors are purple, green, white, with brown and pink also thrown in for good measure. :)

I am starting with dark brown and dark purple, then light green.  I figure the browns and purples will go dark to light from the center outward, and the green will go light to dark from the center outward.  In my head, this may work.


Here is the stash I am starting with.



After looking at this selection, and again trying to estimate how much I will need, I added a couple more skeins on top.



I think that will be enough.  I hope so.

This morning I got started on this CAL.  I completed 4 rounds.  Here is a photo of the first two.



I haven't taken a photo of rows 3 and 4 yet.  


I'll try to keep this blog updated on my progress.  

Have you ever completed this CAL or any other of this type?  It has many many rounds, and many many pages of patterns to print out.

No comments: