Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, we are in Wisconsin, and are currently "between residences".  Still have the house in Iowa but it's "for sale" and are living in an apartment while we look for a house to buy here in Wisconsin (north of Milwaukee).

Anyway ... I saw this chipping sparrow in our front yard in Iowa a few weeks ago .. meant to share it with you before, but better late then never!

Also saw this Lady Cardinal .... :)

Today for Mother's Day we were going to visit the Milwaukee Zoo, but it was crazy busy, and so we changed our minds and went up to West Bend to Glacial Blue Hills Recreation Area and took a walk.  Here's a picture of my boys on the walk.  :)
 Here's another.  We saw this really cool moss covered rock by some trees that had fallen over, bending other trees in the process.  Couldn't resist doing a trick shot .. even though it's not perfect, the boys are smiling, and that's good enough for me!
 Rob and I saw these flowers at the end of our walk.  I don't know what they are called, but they sure are pretty.  If you know what they are called, leave a comment, I'd sure like to find out!

2 comments:

ejjel said...

Do you think it is a Bloodroot?

http://uswildflowers.com/images/full/dsc_0832.jpg

Tara K said...

Yup .. thanks for looking that up for me ... it sure looks like Bloodroot! :)