Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April Pictures #1

I know I'm behind in sharing pictures, so here I am to try to catch up a little bit.  These are a few pictures from April.

To begin with are a few pictures that we took when Maya was here visiting.  We went to walk on the beach at Harrington State Park. 




 Seth and I noticed this neat sand formation ... It was very kewl.


 Also saw here where the water was moving across the sand .. also very neat to see.


As we were walking off the each and into the woods, I saw this very different bird.  I don't think I've seen it before.  If you know what it's name is, please comment.  the best I can figure is that it's a Sedge Wren.  It doesn't have the buffy under parts like the book says it should, and the bill is a little longer than the book, but it's the closest I could find.  So please correct me if I'm wrong!


We stopped for a bit at the Quarry Lake at Harrington state Park as well.

The boys were picking up rocks and then throwing them in the lake.  Rob surprised me by showing that he could skip rocks!  It was very neat to discover something new about my husband after nearly 19 years of marriage.  He taught the boys.  Joel was able to skip a coupleof times, but Rob was still the best with a 6 skipper at one time.

I know the video is pretty bad quality, but I only had my handheld digital camera with me, which takes good still pics, but not so great video.


This view is off the trail around the Quarry Lake.


Found some more birds.  I didn't get a great picture, but I think they are sparrows or finches.  They moved to fast to get a good identification.


 Back home, I caught this picture of a bird that I think is a female finch. Let me know if you think differently.

Well, I think that's about it for now .. that covers the first half of April ... will try to catch up another batch of photos in the next day or so.

No comments: