Saturday, January 5, 2013

December Birding

I suppose it's time to finish up the photos for December 2012 .. seeing as how it's 2013 now. 
Here are some of my birding photos from the end of December.

A pair of House Finches.

House Finch (I think that's a House Sparrow hiding in the back)

A woodpecker -- this is either a Hairy or a Downy. I'm going to guess Hairy .. The Downy would be slightly smaller .. and onthe left hand photo .. the Hairy has all white outer tail feathers .. so I'm guessing Hairy.

American Tree Sparrow
 

Dark-Eyed Junco

House Sparrows

My new birdfeeders .. that DH and Santa brought me for Christmas.

Black-Capped Chickadee :)

American Tree Sparrow

I believe this is a Cooper's Hawk .. it's possible it's a Sharp-Shinned, but when I zoom in on the photo the tail looks a bit rounded .. so I'm guessing here again ..Cooper's Hawk.

The Woodpecker again .. Hairy. I think. Maybe.  It might be a different one then the other I photographed.
 
  Although looking at this picture - it looks like a Downy.
See the bars on the outer tail and the shorter bill?
 
Dark-Eyed Junco 

House Finch :)

And here is a House Finch and a Goldfinch together .. Love this pose .. wish the photo was crisper.

Can't close the post without at least one Mourning Dove .. :)

No comments: