Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Special Olympics Scarf # 3

Hey .. I finally finished Scarf # 3!!!   It's a garter stitch scarf much like the basic dishcloth pattern. I like how both sides are equally attractive.  I alternated the colors every 2 rows with both yarns carrying on one edge.  Since the carry is so small, it blends right into the pattern.

 The pattern for this one is: (Size 11 needles - Red Heart yarn)
CO 4
k2, yo, k to the end, turn   (repeat this row until you have 19 stitches or the width that you want)
(measure the triangle at the end - this is you "X" inches)
k2, yo, k2tog, k to the end, turn  (repeat this row until you are need only "X" inches more)
k2, yo, k2tog, k until 5 from the end, k2tog, k3, turn  (repeat this row until you have 9 stitches on your needles)
k2, yo, k2tog, k2tog, k3, turn (8 st on needle)
k2, yo, k2tog, k2tog, k2, turn (7 st on needle)
k2, k3tog, k2, turn (5 st on needle)
k2, k2tog, k2, turn
bind off and weave in loose ends.

when I k3tog for this, I will slip 1, k2tog, then pass the slipped stitch over.  This makes a more centered k3tog instead of a slanting one.

Following is a picture of the start of scarf #4.  I will edge this in Red but the body will be in blue.  We'll see how far the blue goes .. ....

This one is in a "lemonade stitch" which is a crochet stitch that I've used in several items before.  I know I'll have enough yarn in my 3rd & 4th skeins for this scarf even if I have to be creative with tassels or something.

Will I have enough for yet another scarf?  Maybe a knit one that's more lacey?   We will see! :)  Any pattern suggestions for my next scarf?

No comments: