Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Recent Accomplishments ...

The last two evenings I've been knitting and crocheting using up some scrap yarn that was sitting by my chair (or my "nest" as I've begun to think of it.)

I thought I would share with you what I've done.

This first picture is of a mile-a-minute doll afghan that I used up a couple of small balls of white-ish yarn, and added some green from a larger skein. Can you tell the difference between the two whites? One has a bit of "confetti" look to it.


These next two hats are from some Bernat Softee Chunky that I had. Three balls (pink, yellow, and green) were given to me, and I had a small ball of blue leftover from previous projects of my own. I still have some pink and yellow left, but the blue and green are basically gone.



These next two photos are of hats that have been finished for awhile, but I thought I'd share them with you. The green/white one is made with a very interesting yarn I picked up at Charity's in Altoona, IA. The yarn is made from cane sugar! I thought it was very unique and so I picked up a skein and knit this hat using part of it. I still have a bit less then half the skein left I think. I haven't weighed it, but that's my guess. The yarn is fine and very soft .. a nice lightweight hat.


This blue baby hat I can't remember what type of yarn it is, a fairly common acrylic I think.


Well, there you go. My show and tell for the afternoon.

The next post should be more about "Tara's Favorite Purse" :)

1 comment:

Carmen Thomas said...

Wow! Tara, how prolific of you and they are so pretty! My favorite one is the pink and green :) Now I am off to sew on the bag :) binding awaits me!