Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sourdough Bread

I did end up baking the bread last night, and the boys and I have been eating it today. 

It's pretty good.  Not as "sour" as other's I've tasted, but I'm assuming that's because it's a new starter and not one that's been going awhile.  I figure the longer you have the starter brewing, the stronger the taste will be?

I've mixed up the second batch of prepared sourdough starter dough, and have set it in the 'fridge with plans to use it for pizza tomorrow night.  I added some onion powder, garlic powder,and oregano to that dough to give it more "pizza" flavor.

I have a bunch of cherry tomatoes from the volunteer plants in the garden, soI will probably chop those up and see if I can make a sauce .. perhaps a pizza sauce for tomorrow night.

I have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot for tonight's supper .. only just put it in, so I hope there's time for it to get done before supper time.  Figure I'll match it with mashed potatoes and either carrots or corn.  Perhaps some gravy if I still have energy later. 

No comments: