Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sourdough Starter Day 6 & 7

Hi y'all :)

We had a busy day yesterday, so although I did feed my sourdough starter, I did not take the time to take pictures.

Day 6: Add 1 oz flour & 1 oz water and stir well.

So we are on day 7 now...

Day 7: Add 1 oz flour & 1 oz water and stir well.


I believe I stirred the starter before church this morning, and then we went to church, out for lunch and some shopping, and got hom early-to-mid-afternoon.  When I got home, the starter had quite a bit of clear yellow liquid on top.  So it still wants to separate. 
 
What I did differently today is I used a whisk when I fed & stirred.  After that, I am getting more bubbles, and it is looking slightly foamy .. very slightly.  I guess that's a step in the right direction!
 
Here's a photo of it after feeding & stirring.
 Here is a look at how much starter is in the jar now.  This is a standard 1 quart wide-mouth canning jar.
I would appreciate any comments or observations...  'Till tomorrow.

No comments: