Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sourdough Starter Day 9

Here we are at Day 9.  The blog I'm being guided by said that it could be a day to harvest a bit .. but I'm not sure since my starter seems to be pretty slow to start .. so .. I think I'll wait one more day .. but there is some very good news!

There was foam and not liquid on top of the starter when I got to it this afternoon! YIPPEE! Hip Hip Hooray! :) That is a very good sign!

 Isn't that great? AND AND AND .. it smelled more like a bread smell, and not so sharp!  I think it's finally going in the direction it is supposed to be going in! :)  I'm so happy!

Here's a picture of the side of the jar before I did anything with it today.

so .. I'm going to ...

Day 9 - Add 1 oz flour & 1 oz water, stir/whisk well.

Tomorrow I can start a small harvest and prepare to bake the following day ... I'm kind of excited .. :)

No comments: