Friday, August 19, 2011

Sourdough Starter, Day 5

Well, it just seems like there's a thin layer of liquid on top of my starter if I let it sit for even a couple of hours ... but it wasn't too much this morning, although it was still there. 

Here's the starter after I stirred this morning, but before I fed it. See the tiny bubbles?

 So there are bubbles appearing immediately after stirring.  That's a good sign, right?

Day 5: Add 1 oz flour and 1 oz water.

So I fed and stirred and this is what it looks like right after.  I see I missed a little flour from the side, but I'll get that with my next stir during the day today.  I think I'm averaging about 4 stirs during the day?  I'm trying to do more rather than less, but I tend to get distracted.
So far so good .. still some weird smells ..

No comments: