Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sourdough Starter Day 2 & one bird singing

Well, the last time I swirled the starter was late yesterday afternoon .. just before supper.  When I looked at it this morning it had yellow liquid on top of the paste on the bottom.  I should have taken a picture, but what I did was take a spoon and stirred it really good. The consistency is less pasty and more like a wet dough .. so that is good... sort of stringy elastic but wet?  Hard to describe .. but I was encouraged.
  This is what it looked like after stirring.

Seems to be bubbling well for day 2.

Day 2:  Stir

So now, I just stir it or swirl it or shake it as often as I pass by and remember.  Not too hard a job today!

I am in the mood for fresh bread today, so I put some cinnamon raisin in the bread machine... when it comes out I'll try to remember to share a photo.

While I was at my computer, this bird was singing outside my window .. singing loud and clear!  Anyone know what type of bird it is?

No comments: